From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Meeting with Gail Carson Levine


Gail Carson Levine is fantastic, to begin with. She is such a little pixie herself, and looks as much the children's fantasy author as Stephen King looks like a horror writer and Orson Scott Card looks like sci-fi. She is so sweet to everyone, very kind and supportive. She is hilarious and gives awesome recommendations and writing advice. She makes even the stupidest questions sound important and the awkwardest fans feel welcome.

There are some writers who are known for being kind and pleasant with their fans, and I think Gail Carson Levine is one of them. Another is Connie Willis. Others are known for being stuck-up and rude. I'd want to be the first kind, wouldn't you? Have any of you had the experience of doing a reading or signing? It seems like it would take a lot of energy and effort, but that it would still be worth it to at least attempt to be one of those authors people leave thinking, wow, they are so awesome, rather then, gee, that was sort of a let down. Being genuine and thoughtful can make you one of those writers I think, and Gail Carson Levine is certainly one to learn from.

Happy writing!
Sarah Allen

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Sarah, you need to share your secrets about that WIP meter. I'd love to have one of those on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I would be so starstruck if I ever met Gail Carson Levine! She is my biggest writing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was a blithering star struck idiot, no doubt about it. She is amazing :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...