From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sherlock...Benedict Cumberbatch...can't.handle.the.awesome.


Yes, I'm a few days behind, but last night I watched the last episode of Sherlock, called The Reichenbach Fall.

I...it was...no words. My roommate spent a good five full minutes laughing at my face.

Let's just say it was possibly the most emotionally effective episode of television ever created.

There's a reason Sherlock Holmes is one of the top three most well-known characters of all time. (The others being Mickey Mouse and Peter Pan. Can't remember where I heard that). We want to be him. Sort of. We want to be able to look at someone and know everything about them. He's just a brilliant character.

And Benedict Cumberbatch. Oh wow. I mean, beyond the squeeing about his curly hair and blue eyes (holy cow oh my gosh his eyes), the man is a genius. His Sherlock could not be more perfect. And Martin Freeman as Watson? Yes please. The fact that they're going to be in The Hobbit together (AHHH!!!) way overflows the worlds cup of awesome and almost makes up for the fact that we have to wait a year and a half (freaking year and a half!) for the next episode.

And you guys. I don't know how I'm going to make it, like for reals. When this episode was done I wanted to slap the freaking freak freak out of Steven Moffat. And then kiss his feet. But mostly slap him.

So yes, all I can manage right now is this incoherently fangirl squee, but if you haven't seen this show, you need to fix that. Right now. It's only six hours total, but if it were six hundred I would say the same. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and watch this show.

Why does this happen, guys? Why do we (please tell me its not just me) get so entirely invested in made-up stories and characters? I relish what that says about the importance of story to our most basic nature, but I can't quite figure out how it makes any logical sense. It's not about the logic at all, which is why it doesn't make sense, but still...why?

And how do we make people feel that way about our stories?

*Sigh*. God bless the BBC for everything they do. And God bless Benedict Cumberbatch and those eyes...

Sarah Allen


9 comments:

  1. Thank goodness they're making a third series :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, I'll watch the show. :) I saw the first couple of episodes of the first season, and I totally loved it. And his eyes--his eyes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you're REALLY making me want to watch this! I've held off because I know it's going to suck me in. I love Doctor Who (Stephen Moffat writes that too), so I know I'd love Sherlock. He's just a brilliant writer! (Moffat, that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen it! But since he's...so so attractive, I probably will now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I get the feeling I missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see BC in War Horse? He's also Mary Boleyn's hubby in The Other Boleyn Girl (He's in deleted scenes as well as the movie). I agree - those eyes - yikes. Sherlock is a big hit in our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will totally have to check this out. I pretty much love most things BBC. I don't even like cars that much but when a friend made me watch Top Gear it was instant love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was the only one who was completely engrossed in this show. I am a Sherlock fan anyways so I knew what I was going to get when I saw the title of the episode. It took me 2 hours to talk myself into watching it. I cried so much that I couldn't breathe and had to pause it a few times in order to calm down from having what I can only describe as a fiction induced nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta say that I laughed after reading about your roommate and your face, my sister also laughed at me cause I was repeating all the time 'nonono you can't die, you don't die, don't do this to John!' and so on :D and Ben, oh my, did you know he's a natural ginger? I prefer him in black hair but still he's gorgeous :3 anyway, i love you for this post and you're bloody right, Sherlock is the best show ever <3

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...