From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TED Talks for Writers

Ok, so I know these are long. I really was going to come up with my own thoughts based on these three talks, but they're just too good not to pass on. If you have to wait till your boss isn't looking, or even till you're home later tonight, so be it. But watch. You won't regret it.

Andrew Stanton: Writer for Pixar


Amy Tan

Elizabeth Gilbert

Anyone else have some good TED talk recommendations, or just know of some good writerly vids?

Sarah Allen

6 comments:

  1. This is a coincidence because I've been watching several TED talks over the last few days! I don't have any specific ones about writing to recommend, but I would definitely advocate searching TED talks for research on topics you are writing about, especially for sci-fi writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these! It's always great to hear from other writers.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know who TED is or what that is...hmmm....

    BUT, remember that comment I left for you yesterday?

    I wrote up the post about agents and genres, so I expect you not only to read it, but to leave me a comment :)
    http://www.tademings.com/2012/03/agents-and-genres.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The TED where Sarah Kaye is talking. She is a poet and shares some beautiful words. I highly recommend it! It is also on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm definitely going to have to take some time to watch these! I watched the first one and loved it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...