From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Sunday, September 4, 2011

God Caught a Cold

"God Caught a Cold" by Cynthia Rylant

And he was such a baby.
He never caught colds.
He loved to brag about it.
And now here He was:
snot nosed.
It's hard to be
authoritative
with a cold.
It's hard to
thunder
"THOU SHALT NOT!"
when it comes out
"thou shalt dot!"
Nobody takes Him
seriously.
And besides,
He wanted some comic books
and juice
and somebody to be
nice to Him.
He called up His
old friend
Mother Theresa.
He asked her to
come over and see Him.
He asked could she
bring some comic books.
And of course she did.
Mother Theresa loves
all who suffer.
Even God.
Maybe Him a little more.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. Who doesn't want comics and juice? Even God :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this :) Thank you! Poor God. Maybe I should send him some chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for validating my love of comic books.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...