From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, June 18, 2018

The Dragon Inside

Image Source
The Dragon Inside

The dragon in my closet
left a black mark on my shoe.
She tore my jeans—and flip-flops
are her favorite thing to chew!
The dragon in the kitchen
always burns my whole wheat toast.
He scorched the trash compactor
but he makes a good pot roast.
The dragon in the parking lot
roars at all the buses
while they unload all the kiddies,
and he blazes, growls and cusses.
The dragon playing dodgeball
blows her short fuse every time.
One dragon burned my homework,
and the teacher thought that I’m
the one who's doing all the damage.
The secret though, you see,
is these dragons all got nothing
on the dragon inside me.


-Sarah Allen

2 comments:

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...