From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, June 25, 2018

Pet Diaries

Image Source
Pet Diaries


Yay! I love you!
I love the smell of your breath in the morning!
I love the sound you make walking on the squeaky stairs!
Squeaky! Yay! I love my squeaky!
I love that you’re pouring kibble in my bowl!
Yummy!
I love the chew marks on my bowl!
I love my rawhide that’s broken in half
and the fresh one on top of the washer
where I can stare at it
all day long!
I love the taste of toilet bowl water
Because it almost tastes like you!
Love, love, LOVE!!!
the dog
!


Dear Sirs:
I am sorry to say my orders have not been followed.
Perhaps I was not clear that from the hours of 11-3 p.m., I am to be left
Undisturbed. I will permit some level of frolic only outside those hours.
Another matter: you can imagine my horror when, on Tuesday last, upon leaping
Up to the living room windowsill, which, as you are no doubt aware,
Is my spot, I was confronted by a horrid collection of those plastic things
The smallish one calls Lego’s. It made my nap extraordinarily uncomfortable.
I’m sure this will be addressed in the future,
As will the unappetizing temperature of my dish.
Oh, one more thing.
Could you please do something about that obnoxious canine?
He was drinking out of the toilet again.
From her Majesty,

The Cat

2 comments:

  1. That's the difference between cats and dogs. Good thing at least one of them is easily amused.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...