From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, February 20, 2023

Teach Yourself Illustration and Cartooning

Teach Yourself Illustration and Cartooning

Hi friends! Are you at all interested in illustration or comics drawing? Personally, I'm a writer first and foremost, but I have always been interested in illustrated chapter books, picture books, and graphic novels. As writers, having those skills simply opens up additional opportunities, right? So the last few months I've really been diving in to it. I've never taken an art class and don't feel like I'm ever going to be a great artist, but here's the key to all this, that I learned from the amazing graphic novelist and illustrator, Jarod Rosello: your art doesn't have to be great, it just has to communicate. I feel like that idea freed me from the constraints of feeling like I actually had to be good at this, ha! And since then, I've been going through a lot of tutorials on the site 21-Draw, and they have been incredibly helpful. So if you're interested in being able to open more writing opportunities for yourself with some art communication skills, I recommend it to you!



Writing Villains: This is what always happens when I write villains--

My Kitty is Named After My Favorite Star Trek Character:


Book Recommendation: Speaking of Jarod Rosello, may I recommend to you his fantastic middle grade graphic novel series? It's adorable and so much fun!

***

Thanks for joining! 


Sign up for my monthly newsletter, and preorder The Nightmare House today!


1 comment:

  1. I have absolutely no artistic skills whatsoever, but I have always wanted to!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...