From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Friday, March 15, 2013

What are you up to this weekend?

Hey guys :)

Conversation with my eight year old sister from yesterday:
Her: Ya know how sometimes people don't look like what they are? Like, if I just met you I wouldn't think that you were a writer.
Me: Really? What would you think I was?
Her: Um...I don't know what its called. It starts with a G.
Me: What do they do?
Her: They sit and play video games all day. Oh! Geek!
Gotta love the family support ;) Apparently even my eight year old sister thinks I'm at my computer too much.

Mostly I'm okay with this, because even though its true that if I'm not at work I'm probably at my computer, my computer time is almost always writing and blogging and networking, which are good things in my mind.

However, sometimes I need a refresher. A person needs to get out and do things, too. Not simply because of my sisters not-so-subtle hint, but I've been thinking about this a lot and talking with some friends about it lately. I've blogged about this before. I guess I'm a little too obsessed with BEING PRODUCTIVE, so a lot of times other things don't feel as writerly productive as blogging and querying and...ya know...writing.

Anybody else feel this way? There are some fabulous things to do in the DC area, and the birds are starting to get obnoxious and the trees are getting green. That is enough to get out for.

But what are your ideas? What gets you out of the house? What are your hobbies or interests besides writing?

What are you doing this weekend?

Sarah Allen

10 comments:

  1. I think geek's okay. There are a lot worse things beginning with G.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh kids--- the language of love and no filters. LOL

    I make a point to get out everyday,as long as the sun is shining. I get kind of cranky if I don't get a dose of the outdoors. Besides I have a dog-dog who insists on daily walks or jogs. Sun is good for the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about geeks. That said, I agree - it's time to dig myself out of my computerly cave and actually breathe AIR. And talk, with my mouth, to living humans.

    We have a show at the local high school this evening, and tomorrow is dinner with friends. So writing will be on the back burner for a bit, and won't I be glad to get back to it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So go out and play a little this weekend. Just for a change of pace.

    Me? My volunteer disaster response group is restocking our trailer on Saturday, then I've got a granddaughter's school play and a grandson's lacrosse game to attend. (I'm hoping it won't rain/snow on the lacrosse game.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today:

    Market Secondhand Shoes

    Read blogs

    Tear new MS apart

    Clean house

    Bathe Sir Poops and Hair Ball

    Grocery shop

    And repeat the first three

    Husg and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weekend, I shall shop and travel, and no, neither of them are as inviting as they sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing a writing vacation of sorts this weekend, with spending some time in other places (like public library) to do it.

    Plus some walking. Hopefully the weather will be just a tad warmer than it is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,
    With the weather becoming so gorgeous, I plan to get out and exercise some by walking. I also plan to just sit on the porch and relax, with a pen and notepad, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to the gym and meeting friends for coffee/lunch always gets me out of the house. Weekends are for hibernating, especially when it's raining and hailing outside and it keeps getting really, really dark! It's a reading day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family doesn't think its interrupting anything if I'm at the computer and they need something.

    Anna @ http://emaginette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...