From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, June 2, 2014

End of the Notebook Notes

It's always a bit of a nostalgic time when I finish one creative writing notebook and move on to the next. And this is one of those times.

My beautiful Van Gogh notebook is now full of scribblings and ramblings and doodles and ideas and blog topics and more weirdness. So I took myself out for some froyo to celebrate.

I have the next notebook purchased from Barnes and Noble and ready to go, but before I say goodbye to this friend who has been with me the past year and a half, here are some of the weird scribblings we've developed together.

"On the night of the full moon, Petie wears his glasses. On this night it is important that he wears his glasses, because on this night, he has monster school."

"Cats are people too. Sometimes they like chasing bugs around the house. Sometimes they just want to sleep."

"Like bullets they have no purpose outside of a body."

"Idea: becoming college roommates with Death."

"A little boy gets help from an alien to find the impostors who replaced his parents"

"Is there an exception to the rule that there are exceptions to every rule?"

Hope that adds a little inspiration to your day. Good bye, Van Gogh notebook. It's been grand!

Write on!

Sarah Allen

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful little observations and notes - I especially liked the bullet one. Is that available for use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you :) And yes, I believe it is, though I have no recollection where I heard it. But steal away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through old notebooks can be inspiring and very confusing; no idea what some of it means and can't decipher the handwriting. It's awesome when you find a great idea you totally forgot about.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, absolutely :) I'm collecting quite the box of old notebooks, and they are a delight to go through.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of using notebooks. Jo Rowling mapped out the entire Harry Potter series using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, notebooks are great! I keep mine in my purse at all times to jot down random ideas and keep myself entertained in slow moments.

      Delete
  5. You're so cute! I say that a lot. Don't I?

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, I'm not complaining ;) And you're so sweet, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your constant support.

      Delete
  6. Great jottings. I hate to think what lurks in my notebooks. Happy New Notebook Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure you've got great stuff written there :) And I've found that even silly scribblings can spark something interesting.

      Delete
  7. It's exciting to open a new notebook - but does feel like one's loosing a friend when closing the last. Here's wishing you many enjoyable moments with those new pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great ideas and yes, inspirational! I'd like to get my hands on the rest of the book wha-ha-ha

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) Oh, I don't know about that, I'm sure it would seem completely inane to the people not inside my head :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...