From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, July 30, 2018

The Pineapple House

Image Source


The Pineapple House

Clementine had a pineapple house
that grew pineapples on every wall.
They grew so fast and so many she said
"I'll never have time for them all."
She invited her family and friends, 
the whole town came to join her big pineapple bash.
They ate pineapple ice cream and upside-down cake
and ran the pineapple yard dash.
Folks had pineapple barbecue, pineapple juice,
and pineapple filet mignon.
They threw pineapple frisbys and pineappleoons
and played pineapple tag on the lawn.
When the sun had gone down and the party
was over, and all Clem's relations withdrawn,
she turned to go in to her pineapple bed
and found her whole house was all gone.

-Sarah Allen

6 comments:

  1. So clever. The wallpaper is a excellent choice for the poem. What would you do with mango?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great giggle. Thanks. I'm still trying to conceptualize the pineapple filet mignon - vegan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee :) Thanks! I had fun with this one. And yeah, we'll have to experiment with pineapple filet mignon one of these days!

      Delete
  3. I love pineapple.I think i can make it in my room. It's looking so good.Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it and I am also waiting for the post information.Background Removal Service

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...