From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, July 2, 2018

I Can’t Focus on Writing Thi...

Image Source


I Can’t Focus on Writing Thi...

I can’t focus on writing a
Why is there so much dust on my
Was that my stomach or a knock on the
My math worksheet should come first or maybe
When did teacher say to turn in our
Should I write mine on Cleopatra or
How many notifications do I have on
Oh look a video about
Could that be what this poem
Was it due tomorrow or the next
If I told my teacher I can’t focus what would she
Mom says it’s time for
We haven’t had pancakes for dinner since
Maybe if I just put one final
And they lived happily ever

-Sarah Allen

4 comments:

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...