From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Well-Wishes to Egypt




From my limited understanding, it seems that today is the big day after a week of protesting in Egypt against its president, Hosni Mubarak. Today is the "Million member march" against the Presidential palace, and the estimates of actual turn-out that I've heard are from hundreds of thousands to the actual million they were looking for.

Egypt has given the world such beautiful things. Hieroglyphics, the pyramids, the Nile, everything up to Naguib Mahfouz. I hope that what is happening in Egypt right now does indeed lead to progress. I hope that this can be a step forward, not a step back. I believe it can. I hope things can be resolved peacefully, and that Egypt can continue to be such a beautiful, historic country.

This is a break from a direct post about writing, but everything counts as writerly research, right? Maybe short stories about these protests have already been written. And also, I know we all wish for Egypt to come to a quick, peaceful, and progressive resolution. We hope and pray for them.

Sarah Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...