- Movie Theaters. Anybody seen The Way Way Back? Oh my word go.
- Community Theatres. Fun to check out, great way to support your community. And stay inside.
- Museums. Most places have some really cool places. And often they're free.
- Library. Duh. Any better place? I don't think so :)
- Bookstores. Used or otherwise. Not only will keep you cool, but you never know what treasures you will find.
- Meetups. Use Meetup.com to find book groups or other writerly gatherings and join. Sometimes they even provide free food :)
- Literary Places. Go to the Poets and Writers Literary Places database and see if there are any near you.
- Cave hunting. I know not everywhere has caves, but if you have any around, they're sort of inside, right? And who knows what ideas you might inspire.
- Community classes. Check local libraries or universities and see if any community events are going on. What better time to take an underwater basket weaving class?
- Eventbrite. Use Eventbrite.com to find all sorts of lectures, exhibits, conferences, all sorts of things. This is one I want to start using more often, because there are seriously some great things going on out there. Many of them in the air conditioned indoors.
There you have it. Just a quick list of ideas for when you want to get out but keep cool. Hope your summer is going well despite the heat. And I hope you're writing.
Any other ideas to add to this list?