From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Made Easy, Part 1: Gift Shopping for Writers

This week, countdown week to Christmas, I'm going to feature a series of posts to hopefully take some of the stress and insanity out of the holiday season and bring things back to the fun and joyful side. First up, shopping for writers.

Really, writers are very easy to shop for. In fact, I'll just give you a list.

-Books. Always a good idea.
-Movies and music. Second to books, but a close second.
-Notebooks, pens, envelopes, stamps.
-Printer. Always need to print off stuff for editing and submissions.
-Time. (i.e. babysitting, cleaning, certificates to cafes, etc.)
-Fish or a turtle. Muses, you know.
-If not something live, a teddy bear. Someone to talk to. Or maybe that's just me.
-Plants. We need to get our oxygen somehow.

Not hard, right? Hope this helps!

Sarah Allen

7 comments:

  1. "Fish or turtle." . . Hmmm, I like the idea of a turtle as my muse.
    Also, add to the Christmas shopping list for writers; EBook readers, reading journals, and all things coffee and/or chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Perfecet. You should make up flyers and hand them out to everyone you know. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to put in a good word for day glo post-it notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list, but I have a much more detailed one on my blog here: http://shevi.blogspot.com/2011/12/find-perfect-gift-for-writer-no-matter.html Hope you'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Topically important list, especially the plants; not just for oxygen but their visual aesthetics.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...