From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Friday, July 23, 2010

Movie Review: Despicable Me

Here is another brilliant family movie that has come out this summer. Incomparable to Toy Story 3 just because they are such different films, but equally as enjoyable.

It is hard to be as heavy-handed with the sweetness as Despicable Me was and get away with it, but they most definitely did. For example, the type of ending they went for could have been kitschy and eye-roll inducing, but I think the combination of context, good writing and the wonderful voice talent of Mr. Steve Carrell allowed for the ending to be a success.

As the oldest of eight, I can say that their portrayal of children, particularly the young Agnes, was incredibly and joyfully accurate. "It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!" Yeah, thats a true child. Having such wonderfully drawn child characters was probably my favorite aspect of the movie.

So if you're looking for something to do this weekend and haven't yet seen Despicable Me, take your kids/sisters/nieces/cousins and go see it. You won't regret it.

Sarah Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...